Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I GOT SKILZZ*~*

So, since there is this NBA situation that I cannot comment on...we have a bit of extra time on our hands this season. With that extra time our amazing coaching staff has agreed to host "Fantasy Basketball Camps for our Season Ticket Holders.

Our jobs at these events are to greet our guests & to "chat them up" at the end of the event to make sure they had a good time.

Last week we got to see our first camp & boy oh boy was I glad it was them & not me. The coaches sure did run them through the paces.

Yes, there was a part of this old girl that wanted to play - but I knew that I wouldn't be able to make it through - so I was content to watch.

Enter...Cristy Yates

Last evening we had a female guest who was a bit uncomfortable being the only girl in the mix - so Cristy asks if I would like to play. What the heck I say - how bad can it be...it was bad.

When I say they ran our butts off, I mean they ran our butts off. It was two hours of non stop basketball. I did remember as I was sucking wind 10 minutes in - that I used to be good a basketball...of course that was when "Chuck Taylors" were the shoe of the game HA! I couldn't dribble - I couldn't do a lay-up & couldn't hit a jump shot to save my life. Free throws...I won't be complaining about them for awhile when our guys miss them...not that easy.

I actually made 1 lay-up that was caught on video...I will not tell you how many steps I actually took...lets just say that I walked from downtown SLC to Provo :)

I had a blast**I am hurting pretty bad today, but really who else gets to do this. Even with the current situation being uncertain...one thing I know for sure...

The UTAH JAZZ Coaches ROCK!

Our female guest...better than 75% of the guys :)

Me & Coach Ty Corbin
Rockin the "Korver" Socks
My "Stockton" shot...John would be so proud
Fast Break
I think this one actually went in the basket...Jeff Hornacek is impressed
Mark McKown "picking my pocket"
"STOP" looking at the ball - ya girl
NO... I did not bounce the ball off my foot

All photos courtesy of Brent "I am AWESOME" Asay

No comments: