
Happy 4th of July - 2009 *** here's my Patriotic story
2 years ago I was fortunate enough to visit China for a total of 8 days (with travel time) One thing that I found out is that when you return from China to the USA you lose a full day -- 24 hours. Kinda messes you up. So, on my way back it was very stressful & I took 2 valium to sleep for the 13 hour flight. Apparently, by doing this I did alot of things that I don't even remember (good thing my clothes stayed on) Finally we got back, the same day that we left -- still not sure how that works.
At this point all I really cared about was getting some American food & a Diet Coke with ICE. I was pretty buzzed & out of it. Basically, in NO mood to be messed with. We waited in several lines (security, customs etc.) for almost 1 1/2 hrs. When finally... I come to the last Security check point before they let us into the main terminals of LAX. I wait & I wait & I wait...seriously I was kicking my carry on bag with my foot because I couldn't reach down & pick it up to carry it. My whole boddy felt like 10 tons of lead. Did I mention that I was IN NO MOOD...
The check point -- finally I had made it... The Security Guard at the desk asks me for my passport. I had it to him - really at this time my eyes were so glazed over I could hardly see.
He says...
SG "Debra, I see you have been in China? For vacation?"
ME "Yep" completely ignoring the fact that he had the balls to call me DEBRA
SG "For how many days were you in China?"
ME "5 days ... (long pause) I think"
At this point I looked up at him & I am sure it ran through his mind that I was totally stoned...
SG "Well... WELCOME HOME!" And then he smiled at me & handed me back my passport
I started to CRY (like a girl a really big wussy girl)
ME "Thank you (sob sob sob) you have no idea how happy I am to be home"
And it was true. I LOVE & am PROUD of my country! I'm an AMERICAN & I wouldn't have it any other way. For all it's good & bad - this is MY home & I LOVE IT.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA ... I (heart) U!!!!!
1 comment:
You are such a nerd... love ya anyway!! Miss ya tons!! LOL
Post a Comment