These pictures were taken in July 2007. Senator Barack Obama made an unplanned stop to speak with supporters in Park City. I went with Briauna, we made signs & she passed out. Noooo not from excitement, but from the heat. She was OK! I felt very fortunate that I was able to hear him speak in person. In this election year as a Democrat I consider myself very lucky, which ever way we go, whomever is nominated to represent our party -- we make & change history. As I was leaving I spoke with an older African American woman who was crying. When I asked her why she told me that she never thought in her life time a "black" man would have a legitimate chance at the White House. I hope this is something that she will get to see in her lifetime - as well as mine. (1) Me & Bri (2) Senator Barack Obama
No comments:
Post a Comment