Happy Birthday Steve - I will always love you and miss your sense of humor (see below)
Every Christmas - I would come up w a "bogus" gift to give my brother-in-law. He being the eternal gentleman that he was - would always be appreciative and act like it was the greatest gift EVER. Of course, I laffed my butt off. It got to the point where we exchanged "tea-towels" I would give them to him - he would re-bag them and give them to me and so on. Whoever ended up with them last on Chritmas Eve night - had to take them home. The towels above were his gift to me - but because I gave him the re-bagged version right bfore I left for home - he had to keep them. When Steve passed away - these towels were one of the first things that I took for my own. They are faded and had been washed may times - and to the outside eye - they look really beat up & could be confused with junk. So one day (hopefully far from now) when you find these towels in a box - please don't just disregard them as junk - remember this story which I hope brings a smile to your face and remember to me these are priceless.

No comments:
Post a Comment