Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Adventure *2*0*1*0*










So tonight I went to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir perform their annual Christmas Concert. David Archuletta was the guest vocalist - so of course I braved the cold to make it to the Conference center. Jeff absolutely put both of his feet down when he said that he would NOT go...but my friends Nate & Jessica were kind enough to go with me so I did not have to go alone.

Couple of observations...

It's COLD in Utah in December
Most girls shoes suck for walking & really provide no warmth at all
Know where you are going & ask someone if you do not
If going to the Conference center - go a day early & leave your tickets in will call for yourself...you will totally avoid ALL the big long lines
Be patient & polite because everyone who is there is there to help you & they are very patient & very polite
Be prepared to have your bag "SEARCHED" they look in everything which did suprise me until I was reminded "there are alot of "haters" out there...(unfortunate)
Take time to enjoy Temple Square - it really is beautiful
Get on the train as soon as you can...did I mention it is COLD in Utah in December
Most of all have fun

I have not been to hear the Choir sing live since I was 15 - and I have always wanted to hear the Christmas concert - so I was way excited to go...David Archuletta being there didn't hurt. He is such a cute little *pixie* I loved it. You can say what you want but when THE CHOIR sings - everyone listens truely beautiful! Thanks Micha for the tickets & thanks Nate & Jess for going!

2 comments:

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

I'm so jealous! I've heard the concert was amazing with David Archuleta this year. I'm glad you got to go and that you got Nate and Jess to tag along! They're such a cute couple.

Mrs. Hashimoto said...

debbie, we wish we could have been there with you. we would have loved to go with you. the choir is amazing! we miss you and love you. hope you guys have a wonderful christmas