
Every year College Basketball enthusists of all shapes & sizes...from the novice to the "expert" come together to fill out their brackets & lay down their hard $10.00.
It's MARCH MADNESS time again & it sweeps the country. Sometimes I wish that we would all pay as much attention to what is really going on in the world as we do to our brackets...but hey where is the fun in that! There are some statistics that say approx. $1.7 billion is lost in productivity nationwide during the tournament - which is kinda sad...but then again I for one really don't care.
For two weeks in March we all turn our attention is the frivalous wins and losses of kids we will never meet & schools we will never visit. You pick your teams based on their rank, their scouting report, their school colors or mascots. It really is all the same, it's one and out - no one knows anymore than anyone else - regardless of what the guys say.
Last year a "GIRL" won our office pool, which meant all of us took part in her victory! We are hoping for a "Repeat"
Next week the ESA will host the "Sweet 16" and the "Elite 8" which is going to be fun. I am hoping to sneak in to see some of the MADNESS up close...I will keep you posted.
So far, I am extremely unhappy with Vanderbilt & Georgetown...but thrilled with BYU (go figure)
Let the MADNESS begin...Good luck to all!
1 comment:
How fun! I'm so tempted to come home and snag some tickets for the Sweet 16 at the Arena! I hope you get to sneak in for some of the action. Can't wait to see the picture!
Post a Comment