Friday, March 5, 2010

I LOVE Elephants & am very Naive...





I LOVE ELEPHANTS...they are one of the most majestic creatures on the planet. I can't imagine anyone trying to hurt one of these beautiful creatures. Every year in September, my favorite day in the fall is what I call "Elephant Day" Ringling Brothers Circus comes to town & to kick of their stay in SLC, they have what is known as the Elephant Parade. Every year I wait all day for the time to come & go running outside like a little kid to see the Elephants. They walk around our building & through Gateway ... ending up at the SouthEast corner of the ESA! I wait all year for this day! I LOVE it!

Yeah - well not anymore. I foolishly thought that because Ringling Brothers was such a big organization & they were so closely watched that they would NEVER be able to get away with abusing their animals. I am NAIVE and I am WRONG. They do - they abuse one of God's most precious creatures (it doesn't stop with just the Elephants) and seem to have no problem doing it . I am not going to post the link here - cause it made me sick & made me cry - but I will tell you this...I will NEVER sell another Circus ticket & I will NEVER go to another Circus in my life. Not going to make a big difference or make anyone change anything, but it will make a difference to me to know that I will NEVER participate in this exploitation.

One day if I am lucky maybe I can see one of these creatures as God intended, until then I will be satisfied to never see another Elephant in captivity. *I'm sorry elephants*

1 comment:

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Oh how sad! I must be naive too, because I totally assumed the same thing. Poor elephants.