Lexie & Lauren
OK - so today was Gauge's 7th birthday & his mom & dad invited me to attend. It was at the roller rink Classic Skating in Sandy. Whoo! Hoo! for me - I was quite the skater when I was a smaller tyke so I thot I would give it a whirl now that I am an older tyke :) NO pictures of me on skates will be published...EVER It really was a sad sight :)
Not much has changed since I was younger - they still do the "Hokey Pokey" Lauren ROCKS at this!!! The all girl skate - where all the girls try reall hard not to look fat & stupid on skates...The all boy skate, where the guys try to look cool & the geeky ones try not to fall & lose their glasses.
And then there is the "Snowball" the best part of the skating hour (you still pay for 2-3 hour sessions) So much fun to watch the kids try to find partners. The girls all sitting pretty on the side or stading with their hips out & tossing their hair. The "cool" guys not really asking more like motioning to the girl to join him. The poor geeky guys just skating in circles trying to work up the courage to ask & the geeky girls huddled in a corner -- talking about how they are much to good for the "snowball" however secretly hoping the cute/cool guy will ask them & all will be right with the world.
Then there is the "BLACK OUT" skate. Where you can't skate unless you have some neon blinky thing on your person or in your mouth. What's next extacy & a rave... Ahh, the roller rink! Brought back lots of memories!
1 comment:
Hee larious!!! and the answer to your question is yes!! LOL call me!!
Post a Comment