Ok, so here is the deal. I work in the season ticket office for the Utah Jazz. For a sports freak & a TRUE Jazz fan it is the dream job ...until now. This is the time of year that we wait for & dread at the same time. Here is the gist of things....we have approx 5500 seasxon ticket accounts. Which equates to approx 16,000 seats. There is ONE of me. About 1/3 of the people pay on time & their tickets are mailed to them from the mailing house in Canada. The rest come back to us & we have to not only collect the $$$ for the tickets but mail them in Oh about 5 days. We got our tickets in on Wednesday & it is now Monday -- I am in HUGE trouble.(Where's Nicole) We have 5 more boxes to go through tomorrow & then we get to figure out all the things that may be wrong & print all the new tickets that have been purchased (4 to 6 thousand) & pretty much make sure that this all gets done accurately in about 12-14 hours. Then I need to call everyone back who I have not been able to get in touch with or who have not been able to get in touch with me & make sure that they are taken care of. I currently have about 30 to 40 messages per day that I cannopt get to. Then, once we "think" we are all done, we hold our breath & pray that all is well for our first game. Needless to say, it is a daunting task & I only hope I am up to the challenge. Attached are pictures of a small part of our "organized chaos" Just for those of you who don't know, my desk is a total mess & "anal annie" here NEVER has her desk this messy. I'm freaking! However -- I would rather have this -- then the alternative of not gonig to the playoffs -- we had just better BEAT SAN ANTONIO on Wednesday. I really do LOVE this game!
No comments:
Post a Comment