Monday, January 21, 2008

THE BEST ROCK-n-ROLL BAND EVER


Tonight (1-19-08) I made the trek up to Park City to the Sundance Film Festival. U23D was premiering at the Eccles Center. My thought was that the whole band would be there. After about 2 hours waiting in about 20 degree weather and many "rumors" of yes they will and no they won't -- the fancy cars pulled up & out came...THE BEST ROCK-n-ROLL BAND EVER!!!!!! Of course I freaked out (so glad I didn't pee my pants) I saw Edge first, then Adam and Larry :) & finally Bono. I was in heaven. Stressing about whether or not I was going to get a ticket for the 9:45pm showing -- but bound and determined that I would suffer it out till the mid-night show. I did not go through all this pain and cold to turn back now. I met some wonderful people in line & thankfully we all got in for the 9:45 show. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!! The Q&A was cool as well. When one member (idiot) of the audience asked the question and made the comparison to the Beattles Yellow Submarine -- Bono polietly told him to "F" off --- I loved it. I tried to get the attention of the moderater to ask my question - I was going to ask if I could come down & shake their hands -- but alas since I was clear in the back --- they didn't see me. Attached is the only picture that came out on my POS of a camera. All in all it was the best night of 2008!

No comments: